Basic information about holidays in the UK

Basic information about holidays in the UK
Basic information about holidays in the UK

There are a lot of opportunities and purposes for travelling, you may travel with your school (travel and tourism BTEC), with your family and friends or to run your business. Moreover, in order to have this opportunity, a lot of details should be covered.

For refugees

Anyone recognized as a refugee is entitled to a travel document issued in accordance with the Convention. If you have asylum in the UK, you can apply for a Convention Travel Document. UK Border Patrol will issue you with this travel document unless there are overriding reasons (eg to protect national security), which they did not in this case. When you apply, you must prove that you are a refugee and legally resident in the UK. The application date must be within the last six months of your approved stay in the country. If you are not a citizen of a country, you can apply for a document issued to a stateless person. If you are classified as stateless under the 1954 UN Convention Relating to the Status of Stateless Persons, you can apply for special travel documents for stateless persons. These rules are set by the United Nations. According to the convention, a person is considered stateless if the person is not recognized as a citizen of that country under the laws of that country.

convention travel document UK
convention travel document UK

For not British Citizens

People who are not British citizens but are currently in the country can apply for a document (known as IS137) which gives them the right to travel. Single-use travel documents, also known as IS137, are only valid for travel outside the UK. You cannot use it to return to the UK. If you are not a British citizen but a citizen of another country, you can apply for a one-way exit document. This type of document is called a one-way exit visa. Even if your home country refuses to issue you a passport, you can still leave the country if you have a so-called "travel document". Even if you are not granted refugee status or declared stateless, you can still apply for a travel permit that allows you to leave the UK and live in the UK again. This option may be right for you. Before you can apply for a passport from another country, you must first be able to prove that you have been wrongfully refused a passport in your home country. Once you've chosen the type of travel document you need, we can help you with the application process.

Visa for travelling

Most of these travel documents require you to be a legal resident of the UK and have a visa or permit that allows you to stay in the country for at least six months from the date you apply for the document. The Ministry of the Interior started issuing biometric travel documents on March 17, 2008, but all previously issued passports and visas remain valid until their expiration date. Biometric passports have a new design and enhanced security features such as a biometric chip that cannot be copied. In addition, biometric passports are more difficult to forge. The microchip contains the personal data of the owner specified on page 31 of the document (name, nationality, gender, place of birth and date of birth and signature). The device itself has no other data that could identify you. A digital copy of the applicant's photograph is used as the "biometric" template for the application.

Basic information about holidays in the UK
Why people travel?
Online Route Planner: Route XL
Top-Rated UK Tourist Attractions: What are the Popular Destinations ?
UK Culture and Lifestyle Native to the Country
What to take with you on your trip
Guide for UK Trip: Tour Radar
UK transport With Road, Air, Rail, and Water Networks
Scotland Tours: The Best Choice for Quality and Value for Over 100 Years
Edinburgh Castle: History of the Castle